Local time/date Australia

Monday 23 August 2010

Cambodian blip

My time in cambodia was short only spent 5 days there. We arrive and stayed one night in Phnom Pehn which i didnt really like that much We got a bus to Cambodia from Vietnam and arrived there in the afternoon and went straight to the killing fields once we were in our room.

The killing fields were quite depressing because hundreds of people were killed in horrible ways (Kinda of like the concentration camps in world war 2) and wasnt long ago either only 1979. When you walk in they have a display glass case about 2 stories high full of skulls of the people who died.


Walking through the street food stores there was rubbish all in the road it was the most disgusting smell i had ever smelt and there were rats everywhere.


We went to a bar and end up with these investment bankers buying drinks and then walking back Hannah got a brick chucked at here head!!

The next morning i got up at 6am and was off on me own for the first time since i been travelling to Siem Reap and the girls i had been travelling with were heading south. I got the bus to Siem Reap which took 6 hours and i was the only westerner on there and it was a bit smelly and i got a chicken curry which was basically chicken bones at one of the stops. I arrived in Siem Reap at 3pm and got a tuk tuk which was one dollar to the Siem Reap backpackers hostel which was really good (AND HAD A SWIMMING POOL :D) I then agreed a price with my tuk tuk driver to take me to all the temples over 3 days which was 12 dollars a day.

I went to Akhor Wat that evening and watch the sunset, then went back and went out for something to eat. I had Khmer curry which is amazing. Then it rained so heavy for about 3 hours i just sat and drank beer haha. The next day i spent 6 hours looking at temples my favourte was the ones with the giant trees growing over it. I was then templed out lol. I then went out with some people from the hostel on the night to a mexican and then to a club and got very drunk! I got up the next morning and told my tuk tuk driver i was to hung over to look at temples haha and lazed about all day.

The next day i did 3 hours of temples then found out the girls i was travelling with before were in Siem Reap so went with them to get a massage and the women kept tickling my feet and saying she can make me cry haha so wasnt to relaxing then we went on a big night out to say farewell to each other.

I got the bus the next day to Phnom Pehn because had to fly to Bangkok the next day. I stayed in the worst room ever dirt everywhere and i had a squat toilet in the room with the shower over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel Adventure

I have decided to go off traveling alone ( Which is a scary though but need to be done) :D!

I have always wanted to explore the world and experience different culture and places!

So I set of April 16th 2010, starting off on a tour in Bangkok which will end in Ko Phangan. From there I am not compleatly sure where I would like to head to after then ive had quite a few different plans but haven't decided yet.

The countries I would like to see in South East Asia are Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam.Then on 30th June I fly to Hong Kong to travel China for a month before flying to Australia on 6th August 2010.



I'm very excited but also very nervous :S